Leadership Presence and Influence will set you up for leadership success and set you apart from others to grow faster and raise higher in your leadership career.
Benefits: What is in it for you?
- Improve your effectiveness in six important leadership roles: Motivator, Facilitator, Negotiator, Change Advocate, Spokesperson, and Entrepreneur.
- Exert 360 degree influence by effectively deploying four impactful influence tactics: Rational Persuasion, Inspirational Appeal, Consultation, and Collaboration.
- Reduce internal conflicts that inhibit leadership performance and Leverage your unique strengths to effectively lead, manage and influence people.
- Enhance your leadership versatility to effectively engage diverse stakeholders. Collaborate across the organization to get things done and make things happen.
- Boost your leadership credibility by consistently articulating and demonstrating your leadership value-proposition to grow faster and move higher in the leadership pipeline.
- Master techniques that will maximize the impact of your leadership communication: Inspire and motivate, persuade and get buy-in, create alignment and build consensus.
Leadership Presence and Influence – Who is this program for?
This program is designed for organizational leaders who work up, down, and across the organization.
If you identify with one of the following description, then Leadership Presence and Influence will be highly beneficial to you.
- An entrepreneur who must successfully connect, communicate, and influence for business success.
- An executive who must deal with diverse stakeholders and decision makers for business outcomes.
- A manager who must mobilize and influence horizontally and vertically to deliver business results.
- A management professional who is looking to rebrand or want to move up the leadership pipeline.
Why choose Leadership Presence and Influence Program?
- Research based content, behavioural insights, and focus on the issues that matters the most.
- Interactive & hands-on approach to learning that prepares participants to deal with real life issues.
- Tools and techniques that enable application of newly enhanced skills at work and everywhere.
- Networking opportunities, meet peers and make connections that last.
- Group learning that provides feedback, suggestions, and support.
- Personalized feedback and leadership coaching for behavioural change and continues improvement.
- Positive change in behaviour related to self-awareness, presence, influence, and communication.
What This Leadership Presence and Influence Program Includes?
2 Days of Instructor-Led Influence Workshop and 7 Sessions of Personalized Leadership Coaching spread over 90 days.
12 organizational leaders per Program.
English language will be used for Facilitation and Leadership Coaching.
Influence Workshop Locations & Date:
Bengaluru: 1-2 February 2019.
Delhi-NCR: 19-20 April 2019.
Mumbai-Pune: 19-20 July 2019.
Hyderabad: 20-21 September 2019.
Chennai: 6-7 December 2019.
Concepts related to Leadership Presence and Influence:
- Executive Presence: Executive presence concerns with what is observable such as how one dresses, enters a room, makes an eye contact in conversation, and other behavioural nuances. It paves way for good first impression that causes people to listen. Executive presence shapes how people perceive you as leader.
- Leadership Presence: Leadership presence is the ability to connect and create synergy with diverse stakeholders, be able to effectively communicate and convince others, and consistently articulating leadership value proposition. Leadership Presence about authenticity and not being pretentious; being expressive not being impressive; being self-knowing and not being self-absorbed.
- Leadership Versatility: Leadership Versatility refers to the ability of a leader to adjust behaviours and communication style to best fit the communication style of others, and adopt their behaviour to what is needed in the situation at hand.
- Leadership Charisma: Charisma is being attractive and getting noticed. It is about charm, power, and persuasiveness, focuses on the outer self- what people see – and it may lack the deeper core. Charisma requires, one to be effective in both verbal and non-verbal skills, using wide range of approaches to attract followers. In some sense it is theatrical played out to the audience in order to create the desired effect of outcome.
- Power: Power is something you have- positional, relational, and personal. It is a potential that must be used in some way to produce a desirable outcome. In some cases power must be expressed directly and some situations power must be applied indirectly through influence.
- Influence: Influence is the mechanism through which leaders use power to change behaviours or attitudes in an atmosphere of free choice. Unlike power, influence can produce an effect without the apparent exertion of force, compulsion, or direct command.
- Manipulation: Manipulation is either misleading or misusing. Presenting partial information or dressing up details to present information as complete and whole. Misusing goodwill and trust to lead people to act, otherwise, those who are misled or misused would not do so.
- Deception: Deception is wilful and malice intent to make others do what you want for selfish gains.
- Persuasion: Persuasion is an effort to convince people to act or take course of action, process of changing the other person’s attitude and behaviour in an atmosphere of free choice and get the response from the listener.
- Buy-In: Getting buy-in is an effort to get personal acceptance and commitment from people, process of facilitating people’s decision making to accept the proposal and willingly support it, thereby get something done through them.
- Negotiation: Negotiation is the process of bringing two parties to an agreement, engaging with parties in conflict, to focus on identifying different stands, solving problems, trading issues, and closing the gap between what both parties want.
- Building Consensus: Building consensus is a process of collaborative problem solving which involves many parties or stakeholders to seek mutually acceptable resolutions of their differences.
- Creating Alignment: Creating alignment is the process of getting everyone in the same page, having the same goals. Employee – Organization alignment refers to enabling employees to embrace the organization’s vision and mission as their own.
- Leadership Style: Leadership Style is the manner and approach one adopts or uses in executing leadership and managerial duties and responsibilities. Variance in leadership style could be attributed to how much authority one exercises and how much freedom one grants to the team or followers. A leader or manager who is competent in communication skills is more likely to be versatile and effective in using different leadership styles as per the needs of situation and people.
- Communication Style: Communication Style is a way and manner in which a leader or manager shares information with others. The reason why misinformation and misunderstanding happens is because different people share and receive information differently. Learning to understand differences in communication style and learning to adopt and use communication style that is appropriate to situation will enhance effectiveness of leadership communication, which in turn will result in accomplishing great things and deliver business value.
- Strategic Communication: Strategic level communication involves promoting brand or organization or a cause by holistic approach that encompasses different means and methods available in communication system to connect and build relations with various constituents to further the purpose and accomplish goals. Choosing appropriate communication strategy requires clarity on who are the recipients, issues they are concerned about, articulating message in a way that resonate with them and get appropriate response.
- Tactical Communication: Tactical level communication deals with implementation of strategy, identifying and utilizing resources, keeping up with timelines, and hitting communication milestones. As well as, effectively overcome day-to-day issues and ensure decision sequence is aligned with characteristics, codes, and overall outcome expectations that result in accomplishing strategic communication goals.